Building Process

Where do you start?

A good place to start if you are not sure whether you require council approval is to read the NSW Government Building or Renovating guidelines. Here you can also find a renovator's checklist and a step by step building guide.

You may need to consider if your property is heritage  listed, in a fire or flood zone or if you require strata approval.

NSW Government Building or Renovating

Strata Laws

Every Council Is Different


It is important to understand your council requirements for your upcoming building or renovations. 

Please find a link below to the main councils that we operate in:

Burwood Council-

Blacktown City Council-

City of Canada Bay-

City of Parramatta Council-

City of Ryde Council-

City of Sydney Council-

Hornsby Shire Council-

Hunter’s Hill Council-

Inner West Council-

Ku-ring-gai Council-

Lane Cove Council-

Mosman Municipal Council-

Northern Beaches Council-

North Sydney Council-

Randwick City Council-

Strathfield Council-

The Hills Shire Council-

Willoughby City Council-

Woollahra Municipal Council-

Member Of